Sunday, February 07, 2010

40 day dream.
Photobucket
think i had one. only excuse i can come up with for not writing in about as much time. of course, i don't really need excuses, but there is something rather sad about blogs that sit idle, gathering internet dust.

so here i am, back again, ready to wow nobody with my nothingisms.

and nothing has really happened of import. well, that's not technically true:

christmas rolled through my life like a festive steamroller, taking me to snowy ottawa for a week of kids and cookies and using cookies to bribe misbehaving kids.

and back in new york, i greeted the new decade at, yes, tile bar. tile bar, my favorite local haunt, with its jukebox full of comfort food, was the perfect place to welcome 2010.

2010. everyone seems rather overexcited about this one - i wonder if it's because the chance of leaving behind not just one year, but ten - gives people the kind of blank slate sensation that just doesn't happen often enough in life.

whatever it is, it's a happy mood that hovers over things so far. even a few setbacks in my own little narrative haven't really dampened my spirits. maybe because i have other spirits on the rocks to help me through. or maybe, just maybe, because i've learned to swallow my own preachy acronym -

everything
happens
for
a
reason.

and it does.

so, setbacks - you were irksome, certainly. but you also gave me some pretty rad anecdotal fodder, and tuned me in once again to the fact that i have some of the loveliest friends ever. all of the conversations i've had lately - through every medium from ichat to texting to long talks over pints of guinness - have been gloriously pep talky and perspective changing.

which brings me to my next point - smart and funny people rule, and smart and funny people are everywhere in this town.

so yes. here we are in the second month of a year that's already surprised me with its eventfulness. resolutions have been made, broken and remade more realistically. winter's already overstayed its welcome.

the superbowl is on this sunday, valentines day is on next. february, throwing down the hits!

doubt i'll get punched.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord. No one cares.

4:20 AM  
Blogger mad said...

ha, well yes, that's why no one reads this.

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home