Tuesday, January 27, 2009

tuesday.
Photobucket
today i decided to try 'working' from home. which i must say was more like, 'eating' from home. it occurs to me that i'd be very good at freelance eating. or full time eating, if i found the right place for my skill set. (my skill set, by the way, includes chewing, savoring, and twirling various foodstuffs on my fork).

there are many, many places for me to develop these skills in my neighborhood. there are dumplings and donuts and pizzas and potato pancakes and noodles and nachos enough to make any appetite keel over in ecstasy. that said, i also cook. i mean, sometimes you just want to be at home, eating from a plate, not a container.

but there hasn't been much time for cooking lately. work is (always) intense, and i've had a slew of visitors. funny, no one actually stayed with me for the first four months of my adventures here, and now all of a sudden they are coming at me from all sides. which is delightful, of course.i had one friend come in last weekend, and another stay on my couch sunday, and now another this thursday. it never rains, it pours, right? actually, it seems to do a lot of both here - but i've got me some knee high rubber boots and i'm ready to puddle jump.

and by that i mean, play hostess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home