Monday, January 19, 2009

when errands turn random. or, errandoms.
Photobucket

tonight as i sat waiting for my nails to dry at the orchid garden (no orchids, not a garden), i closed my eyes briefly. not really to meditate or anything - though meditating at place called orchid garden would seem appropriate - just because i was sleepy.

when i opened my eyes, i noticed someone standing at the window. a tall, intense tattooed fellow in a black jacket, peered at me, then opened the door and came in. the conversation awkwardly plunked out, as follows:

"I just wanted to tell you, you're beautiful."

"Um...thank you."

"Here's my card. Just in case you ever want to go for coffee."

"Um..thank you."

and he was gone. i picked up the card, with my freshly painted nails (OPI cherry chick flick - worst name ever, and yet best, for this situation) and gazed in awe at the bizarre words. the job description on the card read 'shadow contractor". shadow contractor? what on earth (or other planetary entity) could it possibly mean?

when i left the salon, i realized he was, in fact, not gone at all, but was only a few steps ahead of me. and since he turned around, we were suddenly in stride, walking a few blocks together. the conversation continued on its plunking, merry way:

"So...where are you off to now?"

"Um, to pick up my laundry"

"Cool...I just moved back here from San Francisco"

"Cool...What were you doing there?"

"Oh...you know...the San Francisco art thing".

nope, i really didn't know.

but perhaps he came back because his shadow contract was up there?!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, love these random run ins that can happen when one is alone or single. :-) And it sounds like he wasn't overly creepy. So, you gonna give him a call?

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home