Thursday, January 08, 2009

an evening in tribeca.
Photobucket
as sophisticated as that may sound, it's not.

it just means i'm working late.

it is strange for me, foreign, to be up late on weeknights. i like early nights and early mornings - and this night owl business gets me a bit on the loopy side. i wonder how insomniacs can take it. there's something lonely about the middle of the night - the only sound is the buzzing and fuzzing of various machines and technological devices around me. the evening presses through the windows, as i click clack click clack away, like a sleepy, stuttering robot.

but never fear - soon i will pack up my things, and be off into the dark. the ride home is becoming an oddly comforting routine. hopping in a cab, sinking back into my seat, luxuriously, and watching the city speed by. ok, ok, it's actually more like me falling back into my seat, exhausted, and watching the city putter or zoom by me, depending on traffic, and listening to my cab driver bark into his mobile...

whatever it is, it gives me a few moments to reflect on another day in bizarro-world.

before i wake up and get ready to do it all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home