Wednesday, April 05, 2006

La la la i have no life. All i do is powerbook.

i suppose i should save my ode to that for the poetry side of things. Instead I'll mope about like Morrissey on a rainy day. After all, didn't he write, "Every day is like sunday - every day is silent and grey"? what gorgeous optimism.
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket
But I can't help it. It really has been one of those weeks where you long for the weekend like an Austen heroine longs for some witty man to sweep her off her feet. I feel like even my words are listless. Lines are falling flat. Words are tripping on my tongue and stumbling clumsily into conversations. I hope i can muster up some sort of presence/eloquence (pres-eloquence?) for friday's client presentation. they do seem to expect a bit more sparkle than i feel capable of at the moment. Course, as aforementioned, friday seems a long way off right now. so much time to shine up that dull-as-dirt feeling into some sort of firecracker frenzy.

i can do that. i mean, i saw on "america's next top model" that you have to really improvise and believe what you are saying to really sell a product. i can do that.

easy breezy beautiful liquor store.
maybe she's born with it -- maybe it's her cell phone!!

right.

i think i'll just smile. and believe in myself. and maybe listen to something inspirational beforehand. like the theme to rocky. preferably on a small plastic ghettoblaster.

then i'll blow them all away. no cue cards necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home