Sunday, March 12, 2006

what a contemplative life i am leading these days.
Image hosting by Photobucketoverthinking overthinking, too much drinking, and my headaches sound like the endless clinking of glasses against eachother. I suppose I should expand on such a vague statement - but then I'd probably overthink the explanation. I need to have some sort of device installed in my mind (or maybe just a simple upgrade) where at a certain point I can vacate. Go on auto pilot and do, say, write, feel without mentally smothering.

And overthinking plus drinking is a dangerous equation, reserved only for fools like me. It's like they say:

Absinthe makes the heart go ponder.

Of course, no one said that. It just sounded utterly delightful in this head of mine. Point is, boozy makes your mind go woozy, and then your overthinking turns to mush. And by mush I mean frustration and anxiety and insecurity and a whole lot of nerd patrol all mixed up into a melodramatic thought bubble the size of Kansas.


I guess I can chalk up this maudlin yammering up to the fact that it's sunday sunday - always a day for regrets, frets and rather-forgets. And omelettes, if you're feeling slightly gourmet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home