Saturday, April 19, 2008

sunny saturdays.
Photobucket
today was full of determination and purpose and oh, whatever other vocabularrific words you can think of to describe that energy you get when you have, well, energy. to do things, to see things, to say things.

on doing:

cleaned my little window box of an apartment. listened to sun-soaked songs on repeat. put on my purple dress and headed out into a day of temperature and sugar highs. got my nails painted an alarming shade of dark bubble gum. meandered up to kensington, coffee in hand, muddled at heart. met up with friends, looked for dresses, but alas, the dresses eluded me. bought a bag. came home, drank a beer, ate some sushi, wrote a little. now i await a night of catching up.

all in a day's shirk.

on seeing:

felt eyes upon me as i sat on my couch, and looked up to see a man barbecuing / me-viewing. can't blame him, i stare at any movement (and shiny object) i see too. life is meant for looking. saw an ice cream cone the size of texas, and watched it move from my mouth to my lap to my mouth to my lap until it was gone, into the depths of my stomach. hence the sugar high. saw a fat little boy playing with plastic figures in the park, wholly unaware of anything around him except the toy-universe he'd created.

summer's peeking round the corner of spring.

on saying:

not surprisingly, here's where i falter. i can do and see with utter clarity, and yet when it comes to articulation, i am stuck. it's like the words are firmly lodged in my throat, waiting to see the light of say, and never quite getting the chance. tongue-tied is a pretty nifty way of summing up that feeling of sudden dumbness, isn't it? now is the time for talking. and instead i just watch things slowly slip into the future.

maybe i'm too caught up in your presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home